Sunday, May 08, 2005

A former staffer on Hillary

One of my pet peeves is when outspoken partisans (or ideologues) latch on to a statement from an member of their opposition who happens to be in agreement with them, and then tries to use it as an example of how "they listen to both sides."

So hopefully this won't seem like that to you guys.

Here's is a column by Joe Klein, a former member of the Clinton administration, talking in TIME magazine about a potential presidential candidacy for Hillary.

I disagree with much of what he writes (I think he is overly dismissive of attacks against Hillary and far too much in the Clinton camp to be objective is his praise). I also am not convinced that her candidacy would be as much of a disaster as he states.

I'd love it if he's right, though. (I would bet he's not invited to the Clinton's holiday get-togethers from now on).