Saturday, August 13, 2005

Cheney: The man, the myth, the...candidate?

Speaking of presidential campaigns...

Bob Woodward thinks that Dick Cheney will run in '08.

Let it forever understood that I would vote for him in a heartbeat. I love that guy. And anyone who can watch him in a debate and not be impressed at how smart he is, is a ideological baffoon who can't turn their blinders off...

Afterall, remember that John Edwards was one of the best defense attorney's in the country and a master of courtroom theater. And he was manhandled by Cheney in the '04 debates.

Anyway, I'm putting this down in writing lest anyone accuse me of being a party hack when, if Cheney annouces his candidacy, I am a quoted as saying I love the guy.

I may have disliked him when I first was introduced to him. But I grew to love the guy. And now -- in August of 2005 -- it's in writing.

So no one accuse me in three years of modifying my principles (by supporting someone I don't like) because it's an election cycle.